|Position(s)||Department||Disciplinary fields||Application deadline|
|1 Assistant Professor||Bioengineering (DBE)||
Biomedical systems and biosignals
The selected candidate will be hired through the celebration of an employment contract in public functions, aiming at a tenured position, after a 5 year trial period.
Candidates must hold a PhD degree by the deadline of application.
- Carry out scientific research, and be active in acquisition of external research funding;
- Teach courses at both undergraduate (Bsc) and graduate (Msc) levels, and inspire students through teaching and supervision;
- Participate in activities related to the university representation, scientific divulgation and knowledge transfer to society;
- Carry out other regular activities as a faculty member.
Desired skills and experience
Focus candidate: Young PhD holders with high research potential that intend to pursue an academic career.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- PhD degree in biomedical systems and biosignals or a related area with interest in the scientific field of this competition;
- Strong publication record;
- Ability to provide inspiring teaching (in English and/or Portuguese);
- Ability to deal with scientific/engineering challenges in contact with industrial partners;
- Ability to set up an international network of relevant contacts or experience in acquisition of external funding;
- High motivation to implement her/his own vision and setting up her/his own (externally funded) research programme;
- Communication skills, open-mindedness, ability to work in a team.
Please refer to section V of the public notice for detailed information about the selection process.
€ 45.223 to € 60.297 gross salary per year, plus health coverage and other benefits. Other salary supplements are linked to participation in R&D projects.
The position should start during the academic year of 2022/23.
How to apply
Step 1 – Sign up at the call’s platform
Go to the call for applications platform and register as candidate.
You will have to provide your full name and an email address (please make sure your email address is spelled correctly and is active throughout the application process).
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com
Step 2 – Platform access
Check the inbox of the email you provided at sign up.
You will receive the URL that should be used to upload the following documents, that are required to complete the application (please refer to section IX of the public notice for detailed information):
- Application form (DOCX, 46KB)
- Curriculum vitae
- Synopsis of the most relevant academic contributions (see synopsis guidelines (PDF, 302KB))
- PDF version of the most relevant scientific publications
- Scientific and pedagogical project (see project guidelines (PDF, 205KB))
- Other relevant works
- Signed declaration on honour (DOCX, 15KB)
Step 3 – Upload documentation
Upload the required documents (you may add or substitute documents until the application deadline) (see quick guide to submit documents (PDF, 681KB)).
Step 4 – Final submission
Final submission of your application is a MANDATORY STEP if you wish your application to be considered for evaluation.
To do so, please click on the “SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION” button that you find in the Application platform (until the application deadline).
Please note that after this step you will not be allowed to add/change/delete any previously submitted document.
- Full public notice (PDF, 133KB)
- Application form (DOCX, 46KB)
- Synopsis of the most relevant academic contributions guidelines (PDF, 302KB)
- Scientific and pedagogical project guidelines (PDF, 205KB)
- Declaration on honour (DOCX, 15KB) | Declaração de honra (versão PT) (DOC, 15KB)
- Quick guide to submit documents (PDF, 564KB)
Find here information about living at IST